Central Vacuum Cleaner Systems: Add Resale Value to your Home
Central Vacuum Cleaners are systems which facilitate household vacuuming. The system is a series of tubes (hidden in your walls) which pipe to the central vacuum. When would be dirt enters your home you connect the power brush to the tube, and vacuum like normal. The dirt enters the central vacuum hose and continues all the way through to your central vacuum canister, typically in your garage. When you need to vacuum the next room, you hook up the power brush to the other rooms central vacuum outlet.
Central Vacuums or Upright Vacuums?
Okay, so there are differently benefits to central vacuum systems, but would an upright vacuum cleaner be better for my situation. Upright vacuums typically cost less than the $1,000-2,000 needed for a central vacuum, ranging from $50-$1500. Yet, the benefit of the central vacuum praised most is its convenience.
Central Vacuum Cleaner Benefits:
- Convenience: Don’t worry about carrying a upright or canister vacuum from room to room.
- Performance: The central vacuuming unit can have 5X more power, with can increase suction and remove more dirt your home.
- Abundant Accessories: Central Vacuum Accessories can range from different power brushes, crevice, upholstery, draperies, and other tools.
- Increased Home Value: When you spend the few thousand on a system, you can recoup it later in the sale of your home.
- Absence of Dirt: You have fewer trips to the trash with the larger canister of central vacuums. You also will be exposed to the dirt much less. Once its out of your home its out for good.
Central Vacuum Installation and Price Analysis
Is it worth it to purchase a central vacuum cleaner? Well, it depends on your budget and weather your home warrants the needs that a central vacuum system offers. Is your homes square feet over 4,000, if yes, then you are a good candidate for a central system. But because installing a central vacuum cleaner system is cumbersome and expensive it may be simpler and more efficient to purchase a portal vacuum cleaner.
When a home is being built, it is the best time to install a central vacuum system. This is because install on an existing home requires tearing down drywalls, installing the tubes all of which clearly shows more time investment.
Installing these systems are difficult to do yourself, so that is why we never recommend hiring a professional installer.
Is a Central Vacuum Cleaner worth the price? In order to answer the question you must ask yourself several questions which will help to clear the visceral reasons to get the vacuum. The price and benefits of central vacuum cleaner can be easily attained if you ask yourself these questions:
- Do you vacuum quite frequently?
- Do you value the excess removal of dirt and general debris that central vacuum systems can offer?
- Do you need the power that a central vacuum cleaner provides?